Tuesday 6 March 2018

They Don't Know




Monkey of the Monkeypicks blog posted this on Twitter last week and if it hadn't been for the preview of the Lucid Dream's first forays into Acid House revivalism this would have been the record of the week. An unashamed homage to the northern soul from the men from Tel Aviv who are signed to Acid Jazz. "They Don't Know" is a track from the band's second album "This City" from a couple of years ago. If this doesn't put a smile on your face then you must be even more of a "miserable fucker" than I am.

4 comments:

The Swede said...

It was Monkey who introduced me to Men of North Country a couple of years ago, via their brilliant cover of 'I'm Com'un Home In The Morn'un'. A great little band.

George said...

It put a smile on my face, Drew

Brian said...

Destined to be record of the week this week. Really good stuff.

JC said...

I'm just coming back to normality after a couple of shitty weeks, culminating in the funeral of a good friend and work colleague yeaterday. This isn't normally my cup of tea but the video did make me smile....one of the dancers looked like my late friend and he liked his music, albeit he was a Smooth Radio addict.

Hopefully see you next Saturday at the fitba. 2 points from the past four games hasn't helped my sense of wellbeing.